Relationships And Experience
KAI recognizes that business objectives in China must take the role of the government into consideration, and KAI is well-prepared to navigate government structures. Both of KAI’s two core practice areas utilize our long history of developing and managing clients’ government relationships to meet commercial goals. Whether performing a market research analysis, restructuring a joint venture, or seeking regulatory approval, KAI engages its network of government contacts and sophisticated understanding of Chinese government hierarchies to achieve our clients’ objectives.
KAI’s government relations work involves a proven top-down/ bottom-up approach. KAI cultivates relationships with working-level officials tasked with regulatory implementation as well as senior officials with overall decision-making authority. By approaching a client’s business objective from these two levels, KAI ensures positive outcomes at both the decision-making and execution stages.
KAI keeps its finger on the pulse of China’s business environment and government policy trends. As a result, the firm has accomplished many significant “firsts” in a highly competitive market, including:
- advising the first major Chinese overseas investment
- negotiating the first wholly foreign-owned enterprise in China for a major US industrial company
- obtaining the first insurance license for a foreign entity
- setting up the first compensation trade mining venture
- establishing the first foreign-invested major multi-use real estate development project in China